Population 316.67 million (July 2013). Labour force of 155.00 million.
Main export commodities: Soybeans, fruit, corn, chemicals, transistors, aircraft, motor vehicle parts, computers, telecommunications equipment, motor vehicles, and pharmaceuticals
Main import commodities: agricultural products, computers, telecommunications equipment, motor vehicle parts, office machines, electric power machinery, motor vehicles, clothing, medicines, furniture and toys.
Economy: The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world. US business firms enjoy greater flexibility than their counterparts in Western Europe.
USA’s main ports:
- Baltimore, Maryland*
- Charleston, South Carolina*
- Houston / Galveston, Texas*
- Jacksonville, Florida*
- Long Beach / Los Angeles, California*
- Miami, Florida*
- New York, New York*
- Port Everglades, Florida*
- Port of Virginia / Norfolk, Virginia*
- San Francisco/Oakland, California*
- Savannah, Georgia*
- Seattle / Tacoma, Washington
USA’s main airports: Memphis, Louisville, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Indianapolis, Newark, Dallas, Atlanta, San Francisco.